“I am going to Australia to see total eclipse of the Sun”. This is my most frequent answer when my friends, colleagues and relatives ask me about my plans for this autumn. And each time I say this, I still
cannot believe that my dream comes true. Yeah, I am going to Australia!!! To meet outback and bush, kangaroos and koalas, Uluru and aborigines, to drive many thousand kilometers to finally reach Cairns
where I and my seven Latvian friends (sorry, one of them is actually Swedish) will watch this rare and beautiful natural phenomenon – total eclipse of the Sun on 14th November 2012. I have seen one in the year 1999 and this was the best experience of all my life, so I expect to feel something similar this time also, plus all great emotions from voyage around Australia for three weeks.
While leaving date approaches, e-mail exchange between the members of group intensifies. Australian dollars, travel guides, campervans, those crazy Australian electricity plugs, snorkeling near Great Barrier
Reef, solar filters and souvenirs to Latvian people we plan to meet in Australia are subjects of our discussions. In the evenings I “travel” around Australia on Google maps and Wikitravel and gather things I hope will fit into my luggage. In my mind I am already there. Australia, we are coming!
Where have we been
- If you were waiting till the last blog post to start reading about our Eclipse trip to Chile, that time has come. T… https://t.co/kQpb3EfdQo 10:31:14 PM July 14, 2019
- Anders has landed in Stockholm, so all of us are back now. But turns out for several of us only the body has return… https://t.co/K4gcRUaSJi 10:32:20 AM July 11, 2019
- 7 of us are back in Latvia now :) Anders is still somewhere over the Atlantic ocean and should get home tomorrow. 08:56:26 PM July 10, 2019
- Have landed in Rome Fiumicino. Half of us went to Rome center for sightseeing, the other to Ostia beach to catch so… https://t.co/FgSZtRWRD2 07:29:58 AM July 10, 2019
- We have boarded the plane and leaving shortly to Rome (Anders has already left 30min ago to BuenosAires). See you later! :) 02:33:03 PM July 09, 2019
Tag Cloudaborigen Alice Springs beach beer Brisbane Cairns camp car cloud Coober Pedy crab Devils Marbles electricity emu eucalyptus ferry fire fish gorge GPS Henbury hostel hot kangaroo koala Latvians in Australia lightning meeting meteorite crater Mt Isa museum ocean opera photo rain rental road shadow star storm story Sun swimming Sydney tent